Position: Women’s Advocate
Program: Hart House
Location: St. Paul, MN
FTE: On call positions for week-ends, all shifts
Deadline: Until Filled
Position Summary: Hart House is a transitional housing program for women in recovery. Located in St. Paul, Hart House has 24-beds and provides women with safe, sober housing, goal-planning, advocacy, support and information. The program is staffed 24/7 and provides three meals daily. Openings for on call staff; overnight and weekend shifts available.
Experience & Qualifications:
This position will provide supportive services and a secure, safe environment for residents; maintain confidentiality of all residents; monitor medication; assist in resident transportation; answer incoming calls; conduct random urinalysis drug/alcohol screenings; make a visual check of all residents and document residents’ status; assist with meals; provide crisis intervention; complete clerical and other tasks; work well with people from diverse cultural, social, and economic backgrounds, and have awareness of culturally specific resources.
- Have an understanding of chemical dependency and the needs of women in recovery;
- Have and maintain sobriety, if chemically dependent; and continue to maintain sobriety;
- An understanding and sensitivity to the unique problems encountered by people experiencing homelessness, mental illness, and chemical dependency;
- The ability to work well with people from diverse racial, cultural, social, and economic backgrounds.
- An awareness of culturally specific resources;
- Able to lift and/or carry up to 25 pounds; able to bend, stoop, kneel and climb (ascend and descend) flights of stairs.
Compensation: The hourly rate of pay starts at $12.34. Differential pay is available for overnight shifts. Salary commensurate with skills & experience.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org