Position: Women’s Advocate
Program: Hart House
Location: St. Paul, MN
FTE: Full time position. On call positions for week-ends, all shifts.
Deadline: Until Filled
Position Summary: Hart House is a transitional housing program for women in recovery. Located in St. Paul, Hart House has 24-beds and provides women with safe, sober housing, goal-planning, advocacy, support and information. The program is staffed 24/7 and provides three meals daily. We have an opening for a full time Women’s Advocate working 7:00 am to 3:00 pm weeks 1 and 3 and 3:00 – 11:00 pm weeks 2 and 4. We also have openings for on call staff; overnight and weekend shifts available.
Experience & Qualifications:
This position will provide supportive services and a secure, safe environment for residents; maintain confidentiality of all residents; monitor medication; assist in resident transportation; answer incoming calls; conduct random urinalysis drug/alcohol screenings; make a visual check of all residents and document residents’ status; assist with meals; provide crisis intervention; complete clerical and other tasks; work well with people from diverse cultural, social, and economic backgrounds, and have awareness of culturally specific resources.
- Have an understanding of chemical dependency and the needs of women in recovery;
- Have and maintain sobriety, if chemically dependent; and continue to maintain sobriety;
- An understanding and sensitivity to the unique problems encountered by people experiencing homelessness, mental illness, and chemical dependency;
- The ability to work well with people from diverse racial, cultural, social, and economic backgrounds;
- An awareness of culturally specific resources;
- Able to lift and/or carry up to 25 pounds; able to bend, stoop, kneel and climb (ascend and descend) flights of stairs.
Compensation: Hourly rate $15.26 to $15.91. Salary commensurate with skills and experience. We offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, life, voluntary life, short and long term disability insurance, 403b retirement plan, vacation, holiday and sick leave.
Missions Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring individuals without regard to of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, receipt of public assistance, familial status, membership or activity in a local commission, disability, age, or sexual orientation (includes gender identity).
Send your resume and cover letter to HR@missionsinc.org