- Position: Women’s Advocate
- Program: Hart House
- Location: St. Paul, MN
- Reports to: Program Manager
FTE: On call shifts available (7:00am-3:00pm, 3:00-11:00pm, 11:00pm-7:00am) Urgent need for overnight and weekend shifts!
Deadline: Until Filled
Missions Inc. Programs provides a collaborative community and safe space where people are empowered to heal and transform their lives.
Our vision is a world where every person realizes their worth and lives with dignity free from addiction and violence.
Our values are to:
- Affirm human worth
- Foster self-determination
- Value diversity
- Seek social justice
Position Summary: Come and join the team at our Hart House program in St. Paul and make a difference! Hart House is a transitional housing program for women in recovery. Hart House has 24-beds and provides women with safe sober housing, goal-planning, advocacy, support, and information. The program is staffed 24/7 and provides three meals daily. We have openings for on call staff; overnight and weekend shifts needed.
This position will provide supportive services and a secure, safe environment for residents; maintain confidentiality of all residents; monitor medication; assist in resident transportation; answer incoming calls; conduct random urinalysis drug/alcohol screenings; make a visual check of all residents and document residents’ status; assist with meals; provide crisis intervention; complete clerical and other tasks; work well with people from diverse cultural, social, and economic backgrounds, and have awareness of culturally specific resources.
Experience & Qualifications:
- An understanding and sensitivity to the unique problems encountered by people experiencing homelessness, mental illness, and chemical dependency;
- The ability to work well with people from diverse racial, cultural, social, and economic backgrounds;
- An awareness of culturally specific resources;
- Able to lift and/or carry up to 25 pounds; able to bend, stoop, kneel and climb (ascend and descend) flights of stairs;
- Understand chemical dependency and the needs of women in recovery;
- Have and maintain sobriety, if chemically dependent; and continue to maintain sobriety through-out employment;
- Have a good working knowledge of AA/NA.
Compensation: Hourly rate for on call staff is $14.21 .We offer .40 cents differential pay for the overnight shift.
Missions Inc. Programs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Send your resume and cover letter to HR@missionsinc.org