Missions Inc. Programs is currently hiring TEMPORARY House Managers/Advocates to work in its residential housing programs to provide coverage during the Covid-19 crisis.
Missions Inc. Programs is a multi-service non-profit organization with a long history of providing services to those who are most in need, each year offering thousands of men and women, whose lives have been severely disrupted by chronic addiction, homelessness, and domestic violence safety, housing, support services, and the opportunity to make real change in their lives. Chemical dependency services are provided through four programs: Hart House (women only), Mission Lodge, and Smith Lodge provide transitional housing for men and women in recovery and Judy Retterath Withdrawal Management Center provides medically supervised detoxification for adults and adolescents. Domestic violence services are provided through the Home Free Shelter for battered women and their children and the Home Free Community Program.
Our mission is to provide a collaborative community and safe space where people are empowered to heal and transform their lives. Our vision is a world where every person realizes their worth and lives with dignity free from addiction and violence.
All shifts are available.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Ability to maintain safety and provide appropriate and respectful services to chemically dependent people in a chemically-free board and lodging setting.
- One-year freedom from chemical use problems.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, ethical boundaries and professional conduct in all interactions with residents.
- Ability to work well with people from diverse racial, cultural, social and economic backgrounds and to promote fairness and equality.
- Experience with chronic chemical dependency, homelessness and poverty a plus.
- Experience in a residential program a plus.
- Experience mediating problems using de-escalation techniques a plus.
Missions Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, receipt of public assistance, familial status, membership or activity in a local commission, disability, age, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Apply online below or send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.APPLY ONLINE