Position: Children’s Aide
Program: Home Free
Location: Plymouth, MN
FTE: Part Time (hours to be determined)
Deadline: Open until filled
Position Summary: Missions Inc. Programs is seeking applications for a temporary Children’s Aide for the summer months of late May through August at our Home Free shelter for battered women and their children. Home Free is a 30-bed shelter, providing immediate safety, advocacy, support and information for women who have had to flee their homes due to domestic violence. Regularly operating at over 100% capacity, the program has 24-hour staffing, provides three meals daily, and operates a children’s program, including childcare.
Core Duties: This position is responsible for providing childcare for children ages new born to seventeen years. It will include coordinating a variety of activities; including, recreational outings, transportation and one on one time with the children as well as any tasks needed to maintain the safety of the play areas and outside of the shelter. This position reports to the Children’s Program Coordinator.
- Must have previous experience working with children;
- Minimum 18 years of age;
- Have a valid MN Driver’s License and a driving record acceptable to Missions Inc. insurance company;
- Provide direct child care, carry out planned activities and recreational activities for the children;
- Must be able to work well with people from diverse racial, cultural, social and economic backgrounds;
- Demonstrate an understanding of and sensitivity to women and children experiencing domestic violence;
- Provide a supportive listening environment in which children feel safe to express their feelings and needs;
- Help to maintain a safe and orderly play space for the children;
- Maintains confidentiality of all residents and community women;
- Ability to take direction and follow through;
- Positive team player;
- Able to lift and carry up to 35 pounds.
Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com