Position: RN – part time
Program: Judy Retterath Withdrawal Management Center (formerly Mission Detox Center)
Location: Plymouth, MN
Missions Inc. Programs provides a collaborative community and safe space where people are empowered to heal and transform their lives.
Our vision is a world where every person realizes their worth and lives with dignity free from addiction and violence.
Our values are to:
- Affirm human worth
- Foster self-determination
- Value diversity
- Seek social justice
Come and find a place to make a difference!
Operating since 1978, Judy Retterath Withdrawal Management Center is a 21-bed facility that provides professional, compassionate medically supervised detoxification and withdrawal management for adults and adolescents, primarily serving persons from Hennepin and Anoka counties.
This position will provide health care services for patients undergoing detoxification; serve as responsible staff person on all shifts; order and administer medication; provide professional and ethical resolutions to client and staff grievances; monitor and observe staff assigned to complete shift duties; maintain standards of care set in written policy; ensure a safe environment, including prevention of potential injury to clients and staff; document incidents accurately and according to procedure; complete medical assessments of all patients at time of admission and through formal medical assessment,; communicate with physician regarding medical orders, transfer and patient incidents; appropriate authorization of seclusion room per policy.
Nurses must attend continuing education classes to maintain nursing license, attend staff and nursing trainings totaling 15 hours annually; follow job responsibilities as listed in Minnesota Rule 9530.6560, subp. 2. (responsible staff person)
This position will also provide occasional 24/7 backup as needed for the RN Nurse Manager.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- RN with background in emergency medicine, detoxification, or crisis unit and medical/surgical acute care preferred;
- Knowledge of addiction and alcoholism and the complication of withdrawal;
- Be at least 18 years of age and must meet the following requirements: Be free of substance use problems for at least two years immediately preceding their hiring and must sign a statement attesting to that fact, and be free from substance use problems as a condition of continuing employment;
- Ability to work well with people from diverse racial, cultural, social, and economic backgrounds.
Salary and Benefits: Salary range $28 – $32/hr depending on qualifications and experience; shift differential pay for evening and overnight shifts. Benefits include 4% employer contributed 403b retirement account (after 1,000 hours worked), life insurance, long-term and short-term disability, and PTO.
Missions Inc. Programs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.APPLY ONLINE