Position: Philanthropy Associate
Program: Missions Inc.
Location: Plymouth, MN
FTE: Full Time , Exempt
Deadline: Until Filled
Missions Inc. Programs provides a collaborative community and safe space where people are empowered to heal and transform their lives. Our vision is a world where every person realizes their worth and lives with dignity free from addiction and violence.
Our facilities overlook Medicine Lake, a serene setting in which to do the important work of providing hope and healing to more than 3,500 people every year. Work on the campus where we provide housing and support to more than 200 people each day.
We will launch our 3-year development plan in 2020. This plan aligns with the new strategic plan and the Philanthropy Associate will play an important role in:
- Fulfilling the goals of the plan,
- Building a culture of philanthropy, and
- Growing philanthropic support for the organization.
As part of a small but mighty team, the Philanthropy Associate will have the opportunity to work on many development strategies. This position reports to the Development Director.
Roles and responsibilities
- Work on all aspects of appeals (print and email) to create the case and the stories that invite people to donate.
- Help identify individuals who have interest in and capacity to support operational and strategic initiatives.
- Meet with donors to steward the relationship from a donor-centered approach to development.
- Conduct donor analysis/research/capacity/prospecting and stewardship.
- Prepare queries, reports, mailing lists, donor segmentation, prospects lists, and profiles as needed to support the annual fund plan.
- Develop a positive philanthropic culture which is responsive to donor needs.
- Manage systems that support strong donor and funder relationships including gift processing, data entry, acknowledgements, information. management, report development, special events tracking, etc.
Corporate and Foundations
- Research interest areas for philanthropic foundations and corporations and works with Development Director to develop proposal concepts to meet funders’ interests in alignment with Missions Inc.’s needs.
- Assist with securing and stewarding foundation grants and corporate partnerships.
- Assist in writing grant proposals, coordinating the editing process, and submitting and tracking grant proposals and reports.
- Coordinate and maintain the grants calendar, including collecting information and tracking deadlines for proposals and reports.
- Research and assist with securing corporate sponsorship opportunities for events or programs.
Other duties as assigned
- As part of a small team, there are opportunities to be part of diverse initiatives including special events, public speaking about the work of Missions Inc. and more.
- Of special note is that we will commemorate our 125th anniversary in 2020 with special outreach, appeals and events. This position will play an important role in these strategies.
- Two or more years direct fundraising experience
- Able to engage people in conversations that steward the relationship and increase transformational giving
- Excellent communication skills; able to communicate effectively and articulately in writing and orally
- Experience working with databases and donor management software (SalsaLabs)
- Ability and interest in analyzing data
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple sites and priorities, and able to react and adjust quickly to changing conditions
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
Salary and benefits
Approximate salary; $40,000. We offer an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, short- and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, voluntary benefits, 403b plan, vacation, holiday and sick leave.
Missions Inc. Programs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring individuals without regard to of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, receipt of public assistance, familial status, membership or activity in a local commission, disability, age, or sexual orientation (includes gender identity).
Please send your resume and cover letter to HR@missionsinc.orgAPPLY ONLINE