Position: Maintenance Technician/Groundskeeper
Program: Missions Inc. Programs
Location: Plymouth, MN
FTE: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Deadline: Until Filled
Position Summary: We have a full time maintenance/groundskeeper position available with Missions Inc. Programs, which includes multiple facilities located on our 38-acre campus located on the North Shore of Medicine Lake, in Plymouth, MN. Applicants must be knowledgeable in a wide range of building trade skills including carpentry, painting, plumbing, light electrical, lawn care equipment maintenance.
- Completes preventative maintenance inspection of buildings and equipment;
- Completes basic maintenance repairs and improvement of buildings, grounds and equipment;
- Completes work orders and inspection reports and submits them to the Facilities Director; completes other recordkeeping as requested;
- Receives and responds to all reports of mechanical or maintenance issues on the campus. Ensures all work order requests are responded to and completed in a timely and effective manner;
- Provides on-call maintenance response as scheduled, including after hours and weekend coverage;
- Performs regularly scheduled work tasks primarily of a manual non-technical nature such as trash collection, wood cutting, lawn mowing, snow removal, furniture moving, and minor mechanical repairs;
- Interacts with vendors, residents, and fellow employees in a respectful and professional manner, treating others with dignity and empathy;
- Works with management to ensure all activities are conducted in compliance with local, state and federal laws.
Experience & Qualifications:
- High school graduate or equivalent;
- Minimum two years’ experience independently performing building and grounds maintenance tasks including HVAC, carpentry, painting, plumbing, electrical and heating;
- Special Engineer boiler operator’s license or the ability to obtain one;
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance and its application;
- Must possess a valid MN drivers’ license; have, and maintain a clean driving record;
- Must pass required background checks;
- Excellent customer service and both written and oral communication skills;
- Must be a motivated self-starter;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work well with persons of diverse backgrounds;
- Ability to work on call as scheduled; including weekends and evenings.
Compensation: The range of starting pay is $17.18 through $17.88. Salary commensurate with skills and experience. We offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, life, voluntary life, short and long term disability insurance, 403b retirement plan, vacation, holiday and sick leave.
Missions Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, receipt of public assistance, familial status, membership or activity in a local commission, disability, age, or sexual orientation (includes gender identity).
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com