- Position: LPN
- Program: Judy Retterath Withdrawal Management Center (formerly Mission Detox Center)
- Location: Plymouth, MN
- Reports to : Program Director
FTE: Full time overnight shift available, including some weekends (7:30pm to 7:30am – 36 hours each week). On call positions available for all shifts, including days, overnights, and weekends 7:30am to 7:30pm/7:30pm to 7:30am).
Deadline: Until Filled
Missions Inc. Programs provides a collaborative community and safe space where people are empowered to heal and transform their lives.
Our vision is a world where every person realizes their worth and lives with dignity free from addiction and violence.
Our values are to:
- Affirm human worth
- Foster self-determination
- Value diversity
- Seek social justice
Position Summary: Operating since 1978, Judy Retterath Withdrawal Management Center is a 21-bed facility that provides professional, compassionate medically supervised detoxification for adults and adolescents, primarily serving persons from Hennepin and Anoka counties.
This position will provide health care services for patients undergoing detoxification; serve as responsible staff person on all shifts; order and administer medication; provide professional and ethical resolutions to client and staff grievances; monitor and observe staff assigned to complete shift duties; maintain standards of care set in written policy; ensure a safe environment, including prevention of potential injury to clients and staff; document incidents accurately and according to procedure; complete medical assessments of all patients at time of admission and through formal medical assessment, considering age-specific needs in evaluation and when making follow-up referrals; communicate with physician regarding medical orders, transfer and patient incidents providing appropriate emergency referrals to outside agencies; appropriate authorization of seclusion room per policy; Attend continuing education classes to maintain nursing license, staff and nursing meetings totaling 15 hours annually; follow job responsibilities as listed in Minnesota Rule 9530.6560, subp. 2. (responsible staff person); be sensitive to patients needs and make decisions based on patient rights.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Active Minnesota LPN license;
- Minimum one year of nursing experience;
- Must present evidence of a minimum of two-year’s freedom from chemical use problems; and maintain freedom from chemical use problems as a condition of continued employment;
- The ability to meet the physical demands of the job including the ability to bend, stoop, and kneel frequently on a shift, and other lifting or physical requirements;
- Knowledge and/or experience in the management of intoxicated and chemically dependent persons is preferred;
- Able to work well with people from diverse racial, cultural, social and economic backgrounds.
Compensation: The hourly rate starts at $24.49 (7:30 am to 4:30 pm) with differential pay of $24.99 (4:30 pm to 7:30 am). Benefits for the full time position include a 4% employer contributed 403b retirement account (after 1,000 hours worked), medical, dental, life insurance, long-term and short-term disability, paid time off (PTO), and paid holidays.
Missions Inc. Programs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.