Position: Lead House Manager
Program: Mission Lodge
Location: Plymouth, MN
FTE: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Deadline: Until Filled
Mission Lodge, an 89-bed residential program for men and women who are chronically chemically dependent, is seeking a full-time Lead House Manager. This position will provide service to men and women who have chronic addition to drugs or alcohol. Responsible for scheduling and ongoing orientation/guidance of house managers to ensure the safety and well being of all residents. Coordinate Mission Lodge work program. Assist residents in setting goals from admission to discharge.
- Coordinate house managers work schedule, ensuring appropriate 24-hour coverage of facility.
- Provide hands-on orientation of new house managers and ongoing guidance as needed. Provide recommendations for training of house managers to program director.
- Conduct admission interviews and provide orientation for new residents, including room/bed assignments.
- Assist residents in developing and achieving their goals, by completing monthly goal plans.
- Utilize Lead Advocate for current referral resources in response to resident needs.
- Provide orientation of new residents to work program ensuring all residents have an unpaid work assignment for their first 30 days.
- Coordinate work program, providing oopportunities for all residents that want to participate.
- Ensure all common areas of Mission Lodge have appropriate work program personnel assigned to clean.
- Be responsible for the stable and safe operation of the program by enforcing rules fairly and consistently.
- Mediate problems between residents and defuse potentially volatile situations using de-escalation techniques.
- Conduct ongoing inspection of the facility, record maintenance needs on appropriate forms for routing to the maintenance department.
- Two years experience in chemical dependency field, expeience with chronically chemically dependent people preferred
- Good working knowledge of poverty and homelessness.
- Demonstrated organizational and communication skills.
- Uninterrupted sobriety if chemically dependent.
- Ability to work well with people from diverse racial, cultural, social and economic backgrounds.
- Understanding of and sensitivity to the unique problems encountered by chronic chemically dependent and homeless people.
- Knowledge of community resources and systems relevant to the needs of residents.
- Informal counseling skills and ability to engage and instruct residents in positive behaviors.
- Valid MN Driver’s License, completion of defensive driving course and insurable driving record.
Full benefit package including medical, dental, life, voluntary life, short and long term disability insurance, 403b plan, vacation, holiday and sick leave.
Please fill out an application to include with your resume and cover letter. Send them to HR@missionsinc.org
Missions Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer who will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance.