Position: Program Director
Program: Home Free Shelter
Location: Plymouth, MN
FTE: Full time
Deadline: Until Filled
Organization: Missions Inc. Programs provides a collaborative community and safe space where people are empowered to heal and transform their lives. Our vision is a world where every person realizes their worth and lives with dignity free from addiction and violence.
Position Summary: Missions Inc. Programs, a nonprofit social service agency located in Plymouth, MN, is seeking a Program Director for Home Free Shelter, a 30-bed emergency shelter for women and their children who are escaping domestic violence located on the north shore of Medicine Lake in suburban Hennepin County.
The Program Director is responsible for overall program operation, ensuring quality services at Home Free through staff supervision, services monitoring, quality improvement activities, program planning and evaluation, and coordination of services; participation in the development of program annual budget and monitoring of expenses; and ensuring the program philosophy and services reflect the diversity of its residents. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to represent the organization at coalition and statewide events or other public facing opportunities. The Program Director reports directly to the Associate Director.
Experience & Qualifications:
We are seeking an experienced program manager who is committed to providing quality services and who possesses strong human resource and leadership skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field and three years of experience in administration or personnel supervision in human services,
- Minimum of one-year of experience in direct service to women experiencing domestic violence,
- Knowledge of the dynamics of domestic violence, blueprint for safety or Domestic Assault Intervention Project model,
- An understanding of and sensitivity to the unique problems experienced by survivors of domestic violence who are people of color, immigrants and refugees, and members of the LGBTQ+ community,
- Demonstrated ability to lead a diverse workforce,
- Knowledge of available resources for victims of domestic assault, including permanent or long-term supportive housing resources,
- Ideal candidate will be familiar with federal, state, county, and local funding sources and have experience with contract management of public and private funding sources,
- Minnesota drivers license with a driving record free from serious infractions for at least three years,
- Ability to work well with people from diverse backgrounds.
Salary and Benefits: Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits include health and dental insurance, 403b plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, holiday and PTO (paid time off).
Missions Inc. Programs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring individuals without regard to of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, receipt of public assistance, familial status, membership or activity in a local commission, disability, age, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Please send your resume and cover letter to HR@missionsinc.org. A cover letter is required.APPLY ONLINE