Position: Driver/House Manager
Program: Mission Lodge
Location: Plymouth, MN
FTE: Full Time (36 hours per week)
Deadline: Until Filled
Position Summary: Mission Lodge, an 89-bed residential program for men and women who are chronically chemically dependent, is seeking a full time driver. This position will also provide direct service to men and women who have chronic addition to drugs or alcohol.
Core Duties: The Driver is responsible for transporting Mission Lodge residents in our 15 passenger van in a safe and comfortable manner. Works to coordinate resident transportation with the house manager and activities coordinator; transports residents to court, general assistance, social security, MSA and medical appointments; helps to maintain the Mission Lodge vehicles by scheduling timely oil changes, tune-ups and washings; maintains resident confidentiality according to confidentiality laws; maintains ethical boundaries and demonstrates professional conduct in all resident interactions; attends all staff meetings, training. And quarterly emergency procedure reviews with our Safety Officer; upholds all of the Missions Inc. policies and procedures; assists daily with House Manager responsibilities when not driving. Other duties as assigned by the Lead House Manager or Program Director.
This position reports to the Program Director and in the Director’s absence will report to the House Manager on duty.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Ability to maintain safety and provide appropriate and respectful services to chemically dependent people in a chemically-free board and lodging setting;
- Experience in a residential program required;
- Good working knowledge of chronic chemical dependency, poverty and homelessness;
- Valid MN drivers’ license, completion of defensive driving program and an insurable
- driving record;
- Uninterrupted sobriety if chemically dependent;
- Conduct intake and check in of new residents as needed;
- Maintain confidentiality, ethical boundaries and professional conduct in all interactions with residents;
- Mediate problems using de-escalation techniques;
- Ability to work well with people from diverse racial, cultural, social and economic backgrounds and to act in ways that demonstrate fairness and equality;
- Must be able to lift and/or carry up to 35 pounds.
Compensation: The starting hourly rate of pay is $14.68. Salary commensurate with skills and experience. We offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, life, voluntary life, short and long term disability insurance, 403b retirement plan, vacation, holiday and sick leave.
Send resume and cover letter to hr @missionsinc.org