Position: Chemical Dependency Technician
Program: Mission Detox Center
Location: Plymouth, MN
FTE: On call positions available, all shifts; (7:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m., 3:00-11:30 p.m., 11:00 p.m. – 7:30 a.m.)
Deadline: Until Filled
Position Summary: This position will assist in the detoxification process of clients of our 21 bed facility while maintaining high standards of care; admit and discharge clients according to established procedures; observe and chart patient behaviors, considering individual and age-specific differences, in order to recognize, report and assist in addressing potential medical, psychiatric and behavioral problems; appropriately document clients’ progress in clinical record; work well with people from diverse racial, cultural, social and economic backgrounds; and complete 15 hours training annually per Minnesota Department of Human Services Rule 32.
Experience & Qualifications:
- High school graduate or G.E.D.;
- Knowledge of chemical dependency;
- Ability to, once employed and upon successful completion of the Mission Detox Center training, have the ability to perform basic health assessments, first aid and client care functions;
- Meet the physical demands of the job including: walking, bending, stooping and kneeling multiple times per shift; other lifting or transferring of clients; ability to lift in excess of 35 pounds;
- Work well with people from diverse racial, cultural, social and economic backgrounds.
- Must present evidence of a minimum of one-year’s freedom from chemical use problems and continue to maintain sobriety.
Compensation: The rate of pay starts at $14.46. Differential pay is available for overnight shifts. Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
Send your resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org