- Position: Chemical Dependency Counselor (LADC)
- Program: Judy Retterath Withdrawal Management Center (formerly Mission Detox Center)
- Location: Plymouth, MN
- Reports to: Program Director
FTE: On call – all shifts
Deadline: Until Filled
Missions Inc. Programs provides a collaborative community and safe space where people are empowered to heal and transform their lives.
Our vision is a world where every person realizes their worth and lives with dignity free from addiction and violence.
Our values are to:
- Affirm human worth
- Foster self-determination
- Value diversity
- Seek social justice
Position Summary: Missions Inc. Programs is seeking applicants for on call LADC positions at our Judy Retterath Withdrawal Management Center. Operating since 1978, this program is a 21-bed facility that provides professional, compassionate medically supervised detoxification for adults and adolescents, primarily serving persons from Hennepin and Anoka counties.
The counselor provides individual assessment, intervention and referral, making DSM-V diagnoses and document the above informal discharge summaries; show evidence of consideration to age-specific differences when collecting information, evaluating needs, and making referrals; maintain a therapeutic relationship with clients; provide comprehensive written records on individual clients so that medical records, licensing, and program standards are maintained; admit and discharge clients, complete chart forms; observe behaviors, recognize and report potential medical or psychiatric emergencies; respond to client behavior in a safe and therapeutic manner, showing evidence of age-specific differences; provide crisis intervention; conduct Rule 25 assessments; develop individualized treatment plans; complete 15 hours of continuing education annually and maintain qualified rule 25 Assessor status.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC) required;
- Competency in areas of chemical abuse and dependency, chemical use assessments, case management, individual counseling, crisis intervention;
- Prior training/experience in assessing the needs of adolescents and seniors – or – completion of program training within thirty days of employment;
- Ability to perform basic health assessment procedures, CPR, first aid, and client care functions, or upon employment completion of training;
- Must present evidence of a minimum of two year’s freedom from chemical use problems and continue to maintain sobriety through-out employment;
- Ability to work well with people from diverse racial, cultural, social and economic backgrounds.
Compensation: The starting rate of pay is $21.87.
Missions Inc. Programs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Send your resume and cover letter to HR@missionsinc.org