Position: Chemical Dependency Counselor (LADC)
Program: Mission Detox Center (Judy Retterath Withdrawal Management Center)
Location: Plymouth, MN
FTE: Part Time position available (20 hours per week Thursdays, Fridays, and every other Saturday).
Deadline: Until Filled
Position Summary: This position provides individual assessment, intervention and referral, making DSM-V diagnoses and document the above in formal discharge summaries; show evidence of consideration to age-specific differences when collecting information, evaluating needs, and making referrals; maintain a therapeutic relationship with clients; provide comprehensive written records on individual clients so that medical records, licensing, and program standards are maintained; admit and discharge clients, complete chart forms; observe behaviors, recognize and report potential medical or psychiatric emergencies; respond to client behavior in a safe and therapeutic manner, showing evidence of age-specific differences; provide crisis intervention; conduct Rule 25 assessments; develop individualized treatment plans; complete 15 hours of continuing education annually and maintain qualified rule 25 Assessor status; work well with people from diverse racial, cultural, social and economic backgrounds.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Licensed Alcohol and Drug counselor (LADC) required;
- Competency in areas of: chemical abuse and dependency, chemical use assessments, case management, individual counseling, crisis intervention;
- Prior training/experience in assessing needs of adolescents and seniors – or – completion of program training within thirty days of employment;
- Ability to perform basic health assessment procedures, CPR, first aid, and client care functions, or upon employment completion of Mission Detox Center technician training;
- If chemically dependent, must present evidence of a minimum of two year’s freedom from chemical use problems and continue to maintain sobriety;
- Able to meet the physical demands of the job which may include walking, bending, stooping, and kneeling multiple times per shift, other lifting or transferring of clients, ability to lift in excess of 50 pounds, ability to ascend and descend two flights of stairs;
- Ability to work well with people from diverse racial, cultural, social and economic backgrounds.
Compensation: The starting rate of pay is $21.87. Salary commensurate with skills and experience. Excellent benefit package including life, voluntary life, short and long term disability insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, vacation, holiday and sick leave for part time employees.
Missions Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, receipt of public assistance, familial status, membership or activity in a local commission, disability, age, or sexual orientation (includes gender identity).
Send your resume and cover letter to HR@missionsinc.org