Reports To: Finance Director
Status: Non-Exempt; 30-32 hours a week
The Accounting Specialist is responsible for accounts payable and general accounting for Missions Inc. Programs.
- AP: Receive all accounts payable (A/P) invoices and secure appropriate approvals and code to appropriate general ledger accounts, maintain A/P filing system, prepare monthly benefit spread sheet allocating costs by program/department and maintain good vendor relationships;
- Work Program: Verify hours reported on work program time sheets; update semi-monthly work program spreadsheet reflecting hours from time sheets; and prepare the monthly reporting for Hennepin County; enter time sheets and process in A/P and prepare checks on a semi-monthly basis; maintain client ledger sheets and resident savings balances;
- Fixed Assets: Enter additions and deletions into the system, maintain the additions file and the fixed asset system, run monthly depreciation reports and enter journal entries in accounting system;
- Grants and Contracts: Assist with expense tracking, prepare monthly/quarterly billings, prepare monthly Nursing Home billing, prepare monthly storeroom charges;
- Prepare weekly cash deposit and enter journal entries;
- Prepare and perform account reconciliations;
- Maintain postage machine and monthly tracking of postage expense;
- Perform backup reception and phone-answering duties as required on a daily basis;
- Other tasks as assigned by the Finance Director.
- Two year accounting degree in accounting or equivalent experience.
- Two plus years of experience with accounts payable and general accounting function.
- Excellent computer skills including Excel, Word, Office 360 and accounting software, preferably Sage MIP.
- Excellent work organization skills and detail oriented.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to multi-task and be flexible in responsibilities.
- Ability to work well with people from diverse racial, cultural, social and economic backgrounds.
Salary commensurate with skills and experience. Excellent benefit package including medical, dental, short and long term disability insurance, 403b plan, vacation, holiday and sick leave.
Missions Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, receipt of public assistance, familial status, membership or activity in a local commission, disability, age, or sexual orientation (includes gender identity).
An employment application is available to include with your resume and cover letter. Send your cover letter and resume to HR@missionsinc.org